1. Update your website every day by adding more unique content. If you site has some information for a visitor then it is 100% chance for him to come back to your site again.
2. Provide inside linking to your website. For example you can provide a link of your previous and next articles on an article page. Or you can provide a list of related articles so visitor can remains a long time on your website.
3. Create sitemap for your website (XML based for Google and text based for yahoo) then submit sitemap to Google and submit sitemap to Yahoo. Get a Google webmaster account and sign in there to see your website statistics. It will also tell you if you site is indexed or not, and your page rank in Google. click here to Generate Sitemap
4. And the most important tip. Trade your link with other web owners. Put their link on your website and they will put your link in them. This is for free and the very fast way to improve your visibility in search engines. ongsono.com is here to help you to trade or exchange your link
I found the tip # 4 the easiest and effective, although of course tips 1-3 are effective but this one I got results in just a short time.
And here's my personal tips:
5. Keep on reading and following other blogs too. It helps increase your readers and eventually your page rank.
6. Start a contest, a trivia or anything your visitors, co-bloggers and readers can participate.
Happy blogging everyone!