I've read some qoutable lines in an old article of Philippine Daily Inquirer and can't help but re-post it here. The ones in bold are the ones I like the most and of course those are the ones I can relate to.
1. With regards to problems, always remember that when it rains, it pours. And sometimes, there can be even hailstorm -- even in the Philippines.
2. Today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday. Is it worth all the worrying?3. There are no shortcuts to any place worth going to.
4. No matter where you go, there will always be bad drivers.
5. If someone compliments you, smile and accept it. Take a moment to remember all the people who helped make you worthy of the compliment.
6. Stop "sleeping on it [problems]." If it were a real problem, you wouldn't be able to sleep anyway.
7. The only permanent thing in life is change. The sooner you accept that, the sooner you'll be happy.
8. Stop worrying about "what-ifs." Things will happen if they're meant to happen.
9. Sunscreen was invented for a reasons.
10. Remember that it takes both rain and sunshine to make rainbows.
11. Laugh and the world laughs with you. Cry and the world suddenly remembers it has to be somewhere else.
12. Beer doesn't have the answer to problems. It only puts worries on hold.
13. You can't make people like you, and you can't please everyone.
14. Tequila is evil. It will always be evil, so don't expect that it will go easy on you next time.
15. Practice makes perfect, even if sometimes you hit several cars along the way.
16. The opposite of "love" is not "hate," but "not give a damn."
17. Those who can, do. Those who can't, teach -- and flunk those who can.
18. You can cry over spilled milk. Just be sure to clean up afterward.
19. If at first you do succeed, try not to act surprised.
20. Always be friendly to the people you meet on your way to the top. You are going to meet them on your way down.
21. To make your dreams come true, you have to wake up first.
22. You are never a failure unless you blame someone else.
23. There are a lot of things taught in school that you think you won't need. And indeed, most of them, you really don't need.
24. The teacher you hate the most gives you the worst grades, doesn't credit you for your efforts, and can't be bought. He goes by the name "Experience."
25. Don't talk unless you can improve the silence.
26. There is a big difference between "like" and "love." Learn which is which.
27. Only you can really hear your heart breaking and your real friends are the one who hear its echo.
28. If you don't have anything nice to say about your neighbor, it's best to shut up, keep things to yourself, and walk away. Why destroy a person's image when you yourself have to work on yours?
29. Sometimes, it's best to keep your feelings to yourself.
30. Cry him/her a river. Then build a bridge and walk over it. You may have to repeat the "procedure" a couple of times before you can stop building bridges.
31. When someone says he/she likes you, he/she just might really mean it.
32. True friends will make fun of what you do but support you all the way. Acquaintances will praise your work, and then not give a damn.
33. It's no use hanging on to a relationship that is only in your head. Wake up and make it happen.
34. A true friend won't jump off a cliff with you. He'll be at the bottom to catch you.
35. If he can't see what an awesome and amazing person you are, move on... while secretly wishing that one day he will.
36. Parents give their children two things: roots and wings. Children give their parents two things: screaming fits and migraines.
37. Remember that someday, you, too, will be getting screaming fits and migraines. So try to reduce what you give your parents.
38. Always remember that your mom had one foot in the grave to bring you to this world. And your father had to bear with her mood swings for nine months.
39. Family isn't just about being related. It's about actually being there for each other through thick and thin.
40. If you want to keep something from your family, don't write it down in your diary. (definitely not write it down)
41. The perfect, normal family is the one that is dysfunctional with many skeletons in the closet.
42. If your mother tells you to brush your teeth before going to bed or your teeth will rot, she's telling the truth.
43. It's okay to cry and bawl your eyes out once in awhile.
44. Always have some alone time. Watch a movie by yourself, have a drink in a cafe or go shopping.
45. People have their own quirks. But unless they involve public nudity and self-mutilation, don't try to change them.
46. You don't have to wait until New Year's day to make a resolution.
47. Love and respect yourself. If you can't, how will others love and respect you?
48. There is no such thing as a "perfect" body. If there is, then Barbie dolls would have come in different shapes and sizes.
49. Forgive yourself for torturing yourself.
50. You are an awesome person. Don't change for anyone.